Cooking and baking for people who are gluten intolerant or celiac can be challenging, but fear not, the solution to keeping all your guests happy is at hand! With many celiac friendly desserts, texture and flavour can be sacrificed for a gluten or wheat free result, this is however not the case with this winner of a recipe, which I can guarantee that everyone in attendance will love!
Flourless Chocolate Cake, courtesy of Donna Hay is a supremely rich and chocolaty fusion of all things lovely. These little cakes are rich and may be happily partaken of warm or at room temperature. Whilst the recipe suggests serving these little dainties with thick (double) cream or a chocolate sauce, they are perfectly accompanied with a simple dusting of icing (confectioners) sugar and fresh strawberries.
Best of all its fabulous features, these cakes are amazingly simple and quick to make! This is a great option for your last minute gluten free dessert needs.
Flourless Chocolate Cakes
- 180g (6oz) Butter (chopped)
- 220g (7 1/2oz) Quality Cooking Chocolate (chopped)
- 1 1/4C Caster (superfine) Sugar
- 3/4C Almond Meal
- 1C Cocoa Powder
- 5 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 140C (280F)
- Place butter, chocolate and sugar in a saucepan (I used a double boiler to prevent burning of the chocolate) over low heat and stir until melted and smooth
- Whisk almond meal and cocoa into chocolate mixture
- Add eggs one at a time to mixture. Whisk until combined
- Grease 12 normal sized muffin tins
- Spoon in mixture and bake for 30minutes or until cakes are firm
- Allow to cool in tin
You Might Also Enjoy: