Just about everyone loves pizza!
There is of course a irony in blogging about a pizza recipe, when I am most in the mood for pizza, is also when I have the least amount of energy/time for cooking. Pizza is the ultimate last minute meal a take away favourite the world over. That being said, apart from requiring a bit of forward planning, pizza is an extremely simple and easy (most of the work is done by the bread machine) dish to prepare. Next time you feel that craving for a pizza whether it be crispy or deep dish, consider (if you have the time and/or energy to think clearly) pulling out the old bread machine and whipping up a couple of your very own homemade pizza.
This recipe is courtesy of: http://www.grouprecipes.com/9821/pizza-hut-style-pizza-dough-bread-machine.html#
- 1 1/3C water
- 2tsp Sugar
- 1 1/4tsp Salt
- 2Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2Tbsp Cornmeal
- 3C Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4tsp Onion Powder
- 1 1/2tsp Yeast
- Add all above ingredients to machine (in order listed unless your bread machine gives alternative instructions)
- Set to”dough” mode
- Once completed (approx 1 1/2 hrs) split into two balls. Cover and leave to rise in warm draft free place for 10-15 minutes
- Roll out dough on two trays (trays should be lined with baking paper or greased). Thickness depends on preference, however it should be noted that dough will raise during baking
- Add toppings of your choice. (One pizza topped with pasta sauce, garlic, oregano and tasty(cheddar) cheese. Second pizza topped with pasta sauce, mushrooms, and mixture of cheeses)
- Bake 180C (350F) Approximately 20 minutes, depending on your thickness of toppings
Never pay extra to have a pizza with the exact toppings that you want!
You Might Also Enjoy: