The perfect antidote to being sick has long been established as a good bowl of hot soup. Traditionally the variety of preference has been chicken noodle, however this little ripper is likely to change your mind, just as it did mine!
Really, what could be better than Creamy Tomato Soup – easy, quick and very nutritious. The perfect relief for whatever ails you. The only downside to this fabulous soup is that where once a can of tomato soup may have satisfied, once you’ve partaken in this little beauty there’s just no going back!
Creamy Tomato Soup
- 1Tbsp Butter or Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1-2 Potatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 500G Tomatoes (skins removed* and roughly chopped)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 4C Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2C Cream or Creme Fraiche
- 1Tbsp Fresh Herbs Basil or Parsley (finely chopped)
- Saute onion and garlic in butter/olive oil – cook until soft
- Add potato, tomato, bay leaf, tomato paste and stock. Bring to boil and simmer, covered for about 20 minutes or until potato is lender
- Blend contents using bar mix or food processor until smooth.
- Gently bring back to boil. Stir through cream and garnish with fresh herbs
*To remove tomato skins: score skin with an X and drop into boiling water. Leave for 30 seconds, remove and peel skin off.
You Might Also Enjoy: