It is interesting how certain flavours are forever linked. Childhood is often the catalyst for these bonds, memories and tastes permanently intertwined. Growing up in ‘The States’ I have always had a special place in my heart for the iconic combination of chocolate and peanut butter! A cliché American flavour combo I know, but what can I say; there is just something very special about the slightly savory taste of peanut butter with the creamy sweetness of rich chocolate. This is surely a match made in heaven!
Not only does this recipe bring together these two fabulous flavours, it does so in such a way as also providing a quick and easy dessert option that does not even require baking! Regardless of whether the peanut butter and chocolate combination is an old favourite or yours or a more recent discovery, I can heartily vouch for the popularity of this tasty treat!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Slice
- 200G Marie Biscuits (crushed finely)
- 100G Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 50G Dark Brown Sugar
- 200G Icing (confectioners) Sugar
- 50G Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 200G Smooth Peanut Butter
- 200G Milk Chocolate
- 100G Dark Chocolate
- 2Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Line square or rectangular baking tray of tupperware container *In my haste I forgot this step and as you will see later paid the price by loosing half my biscuit base mixture
- Make biscuit base by combining crushed crumbs and melted butter *This is best done using a food processor to really get the two ingredients combined
- Press into the bottom of the tray/container *To ensure your biscuit base stays all together make sure this is well compressed
- Make filling by mixing all ingredients until smooth
- Press peanut butter layer into tray ans smooth the top
- Make topping by carefully melting chocolate and butter in a double boiler.
- Spread evenly over peanut butter mix
- Refrigerate until set
- Cut into small squares and serve
Inspired by: The Cake Mistress