Food at cocktail parties can be questionable at times, but when serving up these little pastries, no one will go home hungry. Not only do these turnovers make great party food, they’re also a real winner for picnics (served at room temperature)/ or for a casual family dinner.
This is a recipe which has been handed down for generations is an absolute favourite. Special thanks to my Grandmother, who I believe was the source.
- 2C Cheese (grated)
- 2 Eggs (hard boiled and chopped)
- 1tsp Curry Powder
- 1Tbsp Chives or Shallots
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 3 Sheets Puff Pastry
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Combine the cheese, hard boiled eggs, curry powder and chives/shallots
- Cut pastry into circles
- Place approximately 1Tbsp of filling on one half of the pastry circle and fold over
- Press edges together
- Brush with beaten egg
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown