Generally speaking the notion of ease and elegance do not go together. There are however, those few occasions where the two become one in pure Gestaultest brilliance (aka: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts). These little pastries are one of these examples of rare simplistic elegance.
Millefeuilles are a traditional French dessert which translated means ‘a thousand leaves’ and refers to use of puff pastry. This version which I threw together is a millefeuilles in its simplest, yet tastiest form. If available, add a spoonful of whipped cream or a thick custard to accompany the jam center.
Bitesize Jam Millefeuille
- Puff Pastry
- Jam * I used my Homemade Rhubarb Jam
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Cut puff pastry out using round cookie cutter
- Bake puff pastry rounds for approximately 10 minutes or until golden
- Once cooked remove from oven
- Place a teaspoon of jam on one puff pastry round and top with another
- Sift icing sugar (powdered sugar) over the top