Feeding children healthy food is not always easy, especially with our world so overrun by fast and convenience foods. Recently I have begun a challenge to create highly nutritious vegetarian food that little people and hopefully big people love. Of course, there is no use creating amazingly healthy meals if they take forever and a day to prepare. Instead I am focusing on preparing a range of straightforward patties which are easy to whip up, fast to cook and freeze perfectly.
Butter Bean and Sweet Potato Patties
- 1Can Butter Beans (drained and rinsed)
- 100G Sweet Potato (cooked)
- 1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4C Spring Onion (finely sliced)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/2C Cheese (grated)
- 1/2tsp Turmeric
- Mash butter beans and sweet potato
- Add remainder of ingredients to bean mix
- Season to taste
- Form mixture into patties
- If time permits, allow patties to set in fridge
- Bake in 200C (400F) oven for 20-30 minutes or pan fry in small amount of oil for approx 4-5 minutes per side
These patties do freeze well. If cooking for adults consider adding a dash of chili to give these patties a good kick.
If you have a little person, I’d love to hear their reaction to these little patties.