Everyone knows that dousing vegetables in cheese is a sure fired way getting even the pickiest person to indulge. Don’t get me wrong, I really like zucchinis, I always have, however, I also have a deep appreciation for cheese. With this in mind the above truism is upheld.
This is a simple and very easy French inspired way of ensuring your family gets its serves of vegetables. Whilst the recipe suggests one zucchini per person, with the inclusion of other vegetables or a rather big meal, half a zucchini (depending on size) would be more than generous.
Courgettes Gratinees/ Baked Zucchini with Parmesan
- 1/2 – 1 Zucchini (per person)
- 1Tbsp Olive Oil (per zucchini)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (per zucchini)
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise
- Place on baking tray skin side down (you may wish to trim the base so the zucchini doesn’t roll around whilst in the oven)
- Drizzle each zucchini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes or until zucchinis are tender and tops are golden
Inspired by: Easy French Food