Necessity is the mother of all inventions. I’m not sure how I first came up with this idea and I am fairly confident in saying that I’m not the only person to ever do this… it’s just way too of an idea for me to be the only one who has ever thought of this before.
Regardless of who first came up with this idea, it is a tasty one! These Cheese Twirls are a perfect accompaniment to dips or a creamy soup.
- 2 Sheets Puff Pastry (thawed)
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 25G Parmesan Cheese (approximate measurement – finely grated)
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F) fan forced
- Cut puff pastry into 2cm (1in) strips
- Brush one side of pastry with egg mix, sprinkle with cheese
- Flip pastry and repeat
- Twill each pastry strip and place on lined baking tray
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through