Ghoulish and grotesque I know, but beetroot risotto whether made as part of a haunting Halloween fete or a family feast is a tasty treat. Not only will this ‘slight of hand’ get your kiddies getting into vegetables like never before, but they are sure to ask for more!
Warm up your little princesses, skeletons and of course your little vampires with a dish ideal for a break in ‘Trick or Treating’! The palest paler is sure to be raised by this hearty and healthy dish. Perfect for Dracula, The Cullens and us mere morals alike!
- 1 Onion (finely diced)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (pressed or finely diced)
- 2C Rice
- 4 – 4 1/2C Vegetable Stock
- 3-4 Fresh Beetroots (peeled & grated)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Nob Butter
- Saute onion in olive oil – adding garlic once onions have begun to softened
- Add rice to pot and stir to coat – saute lightly for 2 minutes
- Add hot stock – one ladle at a time – waiting until rice has absorbed liquid before adding more
- Add grated beetroot to risotto – continue adding stock until risotto is cooked and liquid is absorbed
- Once cooked – add majority of parmesan, nob of butter and salt and pepper to taste
- Serve immediately sprinkled with Parmesan
Inspired by my fabulous Emily friend!
Love risotto? Check out my Vegetable Risotto recipe