I attribute my avoidance of strawberry jam to eating way too many peanut butter and jelly (strawberry during my younger years) sandwiches. Whatever the underlying cause might be, the use of strawberry here serves to add to and develop the lovely rhubarb flavours which I so enjoyed through my initial ‘jamming’ experience.
For having only a fledgling understanding of rhubarb, my love for this strange plant is growing by the day with each slice of toast spread with this delightful jam.
Strawberry and Rhubarb Jam
- 250G Rhubarb (trimmed, washed and coarsely chopped)
- 250G Strawberry (washed and roughly chopped)
- 300G Sugar
- 200G Brown Sugar
- 60ml (1/4C) Lemon Juice
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 (all pith removed)
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat
- Use a metal spoon to skim froth from the surface
- Cook, stirring for 25-30 minutes or until jam sets
- Carefully spoon jam into prepared jars (for information on preparing jars please click here)
Inspired by my Rhubarb Jam Recipe
You Might Also Enjoy: