Never has a dessert been easier. Never has a breakfast been more delightful.
Sprinkled with raw sugar and cinnamon and roasted in the oven, these beautiful plums are delightful as an accompaniment to some homemade vanilla bean custard ice cream or dessert, or aloft oats for a satisfyingly sweet breakfast treat.
- 1 Plum (per person)
- Sprinkle of Raw or Caster Sugar
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 200C (400F)
- Cut plums in half, removing stones
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon
- Roast on a lined tray for 10-15 minutes
- Serve as an accompaniment to homemade ice cream or with some traditional oats/oatmeal
This recipe was introduced to me by my beautiful some-day-sister-in-law.
Packed with protein and full of flavour this salad is a real winner!
In the salad or vegetable debate I usually end up on the veg side. Don’t get me wrong, I do like salads and all, but they just always seems like a whole lot of effort for not that much reward (unless they’re encased in Ranch dressing). This salad on the other hand is beyond simple to make and really does have loads of flavour. Plus, (if you need another reason to give it a go) it is super healthy!
- 1Can Brown Lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 1punet Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 1Tbsp Chives (sliced)
- 1Tbsp Parsley (chopped)
- 2-4 slices Marinated Red Capsicum (Red Bell Pepper)
- Danish Feta (diced – let your conscious be you guide for the amount) *for a vegan option omit cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together
- Dress with some of the red capsicum oil
Inspiration from the lovely Rachel
My grandmother likes to explain her love of the sea is a direct result of her Swedish ancestors. I’m not so sure that’s the cause, but I’m happy to attribute my love of this sensational Scandinavian pancake to my heritage, and the amazing taste!
The way this lovely treat puffs up is magic and the taste is heavenly, not only that, but it’s a snap to make!
Pannukakku – Scandinavian Pancake
- 6 Eggs
- 1 1/2C Milk
- 1/4C Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla
- 1/8tsp Lemon Zest (grated)
- 1/ 1/2C Flour
- 1tsp Salt
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3C Butter
- Whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla until creamy
- Add grated lemon zest
- Meanwhile sift together flour, salt and baking powder
- Stir into egg mixture (do not over beat)
- Allow mixture to rest for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 225C (450F)
- Put butter into a oven safe frying pan
- Place frying pan in oven and allow butter to melt without browning
- Once butter is melted remove pan from oven
- Use pastry brush to coat butter over surface of pan
- Pour pancake batter into prepared, hot pan
- Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until puff and golden
Inspired By: About.com